Fees & Billing
Your first visit attracts a fee of $180, which is reimbursed in part from your private health fund not Medicare. Payment is to be made at the time of your consultation. Any subsequent consultations will be charged at $110 per consultation.
If you require a surgical procedure, a detailed outline of the surgeon’s fees will be provided including the item codes. General advice on anaesthetist, hospital fees and surgical assistant fees can be given if required.
Cost of surgery is often dependent on the length and complexity of the case and number of feet/toes involved. Approximate costs for the common procedures are:
- Hallux rigidus: $2500 per foot
- Hallux valgus: $2200 per foot
- Neuroma excision: $1800
- Hammertoe: $1100 per toe
- Subungual exostosis: $800
- Ingrown toe nail surgery: $650
Multiple procedures are billed at 75% of first similar procedure.
Hospital fees, assistant fees, and anaesthetist fees usually come to approximately $2,000-3,000.
- Full rebate is usually available on hospital fees however some health funds may choose not to cover this amount.
- There is no Medicare or Veteran’s Affairs rebates for podiatric surgery at present.
- Private health insurance ancillary rebates vary substantially between funds; all patients who are progressing to surgery are given a written quote containing all item numbers and MBS codes. This should allow them to assess their cover with their health fund before surgery.