Fees & Billing
Your first visit attracts a fee of $250, which is reimbursed in part from your private health fund not Medicare. Payment is to be made at the time of your consultation. Any subsequent consultations will be charged at $130 per consultation.
On booking your first appointment, we will request a $100 prepayment from you to confirm the appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give our practice 2 day's notice in order to get your deposit refunded. If you fail to attend your appointment or do not provide us with enough notice when cancelling it, you may lose your deposit.
If you require a surgical procedure, a detailed outline of the surgeon’s fees will be provided including the item codes. General advice on anaesthetist, hospital fees and surgical assistant fees can be given if required.
Cost of surgery is often dependent on the length and complexity of the case and number of feet/toes involved. Approximate costs for the common procedures are:
- Hallux rigidus: $3000 per foot
- Hallux valgus (Bunion): $2200 per foot
- Neuroma excision: $2200
- Hammer toe/toe shortening: $1100 per toe
- Ingrown toe nail surgery: $650 per toenail edge
- Flat foot correction (HyProCure implantation): $1800 per foot
- Wart/benign lesion excision: $1100
Multiple procedures are billed at 75% of first similar procedure.
Hospital fees, assistant fees, and anaesthetist fees usually come to approximately $2,500-$4,000.
- A rebate is usually available on the hospital fees, either partial or in full, depending on your particular health fund and level of hospital cover.
- There are no Medicare or DVA rebates available for podiatric surgery at present.
- Private health insurance ancillary rebates vary substantially between funds. All patients who are progressing to surgery are given a written quote containing all item numbers, which should allow them to assess their cover prior to surgery.